Oxford English Grammar Course Basic with Key (includes e-book)
Michael Swan – Catherine Walter
The Good Grammar Book: 2001 Equal 2nd prize, English Speaking Union Duke of Edinburgh Award
The Good Grammar Book: 2001 (Japan), National Prize for the Promotion of International Understanding
A grammar practice series, taking students from elementary to advanced. Updated to include interactive e-books with the print books, as well as downloadable tests.
- Short, clear grammar explanations are easy to remember
- Real examples show how the grammar works in practice
- Engaging practice activities include Internet exercises, Grammar in a text and Grammar and vocabulary
- Colour illustrations and cartoons put grammar in context
- Exercises are organized into two levels of difficulty (Basic and Intermediate only)
- Pronunciation for Grammar, in the e-book, helps students to understand natural speech, and to improve rhythm, stress and intonation
Each section opens with a lively presentation page which introduces the point of grammar.
Grammar explanations are short, clear and easy to remember. Colour is used to highlight grammatical contrasts. Each grammar explanation is followed immediately by an activity, so that students can practise before moving on to the next explanation. Engaging practice activities include Internet exercises which enable students to see how language is used in real life, and personalisation activities allow students to use the grammar to talk about themselves.
There are ‘More practice’ pages and a revision test at the end of each section.
OEGC Basic has units at two levels. Some, marked ‘Revise the Basics’, revise elementary points of grammar which may still cause problems; units marked ‘Level 2’ are more advanced.
Interactive e-books allow students to do all the exercises on a tablet or computer, both online and offline. Recordings of texts provide added listening practice. ‘Pronunciation for Grammar’ has over 150 interactive exercises which help students to understand natural speech, and to improve rhythm, stress and intonation. Record and playback function allows students to listen, think, repeat and record.
At the end of Basic your students will be ready to move on to Oxford English Grammar Course Intermediate.
Complete e-book for each level accessed on the Oxford Learner’s Bookshelf app.
- All the step-by-step teaching and practice material from the print book, including automatically marked versions of the exercises.
- Automatic marking with complete answer keys, including suggested answers for open questions.
- Recordings of texts to provide added listening practice.
- ‘Pronunciation for Grammar’: a unique resource with listening, recording and playback exercises, to help students follow natural speech and improve rhythm, stress and intonation.