Oxford English Grammar Course Advanced with Key (includes e-book)
Michael Swan – Catherine Walter
Oxford English Grammar Course, Advanced:
Society of Authors and British Council 2012 Award for English Language Teaching Writing
A grammar practice series, taking students from elementary to advanced. Updated to include interactive e-books with the print books, as well as downloadable tests.
Oxford English Grammar Course Advanced is the final level of the series. The Advanced level includes ‘grammar beyond the sentence’ for understanding and producing longer texts and exchanges. The course will enable advanced level students to benefit from Practical English Usage, 4th edition.
Il Pack contiene:
- Student’s Book (with Key)
- Short, clear grammar explanations are easy to remember
- Real examples show how the grammar works in practice
- Engaging practice activities include Internet exercises, Grammar in a text and Grammar and vocabulary
- Colour illustrations and cartoons put grammar in context
- Exercises are organized into two levels of difficulty (Basic and Intermediate only)
- Pronunciation for Grammar, in the e-book, helps students to understand natural speech, and to improve rhythm, stress and intonation
Each section opens with a lively presentation page which introduces the point of grammar.
Grammar explanations are short, clear and easy to remember. Colour is used to highlight grammatical contrasts. Each grammar explanation is followed immediately by an activity, so that students can practise before moving on to the next explanation. Engaging practice activities include Internet exercises which enable students to see how language is used in real life, Do-it-yourself exercises encourage students to discover how grammar works, and personalisation activities allow students to use the grammar to talk about themselves.
OEGC Advanced has a special ‘Grammar beyond the sentence’ section, focusing on grammar for skills and text-structuring.
Interactive e-books allow students to do all the exercises on a tablet or computer, both online and offline. Recordings of texts provide added listening practice. ‘Pronunciation for Grammar’ has over 100 interactive exercises which help students to understand natural speech, and to improve rhythm, stress and intonation. Record and playback function allows students to listen, think, repeat and record.Towards the end of the Advanced level students will be at a level where they will benefit from using Practical English Usage and Practical English Usage Diagnostic Tests.
Complete e-book for each level accessed on the Oxford Learner’s Bookshelf app.
- All the step-by-step teaching and practice material from the print book, including automatically marked versions of the exercises.
- Automatic marking with complete answer keys, including suggested answers for open questions.
- Recordings of texts to provide added listening practice.
- ”Pronunciation for Grammar’: a unique resource with listening, recording and playback exercises, to help students follow natural speech and improve rhythm, stress and intonation.