Gets you talking
Christina Latham-Koenig and Clive Oxenden
Kate Chomacki and Jerry Lambert
English File’s unique, lively and enjoyable lessons are renowned for getting students talking. In fact, 90% of English File teachers we surveyed in our Oxford Impact Study found that the course improves students’ speaking skills.*
How will English File get your students' talking? Lessons and activities that provide the necessary language, motivation and opportunity for students to talk with confidence. Learners build confidence to communicate with a proven balance of Grammar, Vocabulary, Pronunciation and Skills Development in every File. Teachers and students have access to all their English File resources - video, audio, worksheets and much more - in one easy to manage place. *The English File Oxford Impact Study was conducted in January and February 2018. Oxford Impact is how Oxford University Press evaluates its educational products and services so that teachers and learners can be sure that our resources make a positive difference.
- NEW and updated texts, topics and listenings, based on feedback from English File teachers.
- NEW Teacher’s Resource Centre allows you to manage all English File resources and teaching materials in one place online.
- NEW video listening activity integrated in to each even-numbered File. These short documentaries and dramas make class time more dynamic and exciting.
- NEW Student’s Book Classroom Presentation Tool shows the course content on screen, making it easier than ever for teachers to deliver heads-up, engaging lessons.
- NEW Online Practice provides learners with extra practice activities for each File and allows them to check their progress.
- Online Practice includes new Sound Bank videos, with unique opportunity to watch and listen to a clear model of the English sounds and new interactive videos where students can take part in the Rob and Jenny drama themselves.
- Award-winning Say It app develops students confidence with pronunciation and allows them to see their intonation and stress. Includes English File wordlists and Sounds Bank Charts.